Grigorescu Mansion is a small private, family-run venue near the Muddy Volcanoes, in Buzau Valley. The abandoned mansion from 1930 and surrounding buildings were bought in 2011 by Juranda and Thorsten, a Romanian-German couple. Everything was renovated step by step with local craftsmen and local construction materials.
Today, the mansion is family home and head office of Terra Carpatica – a slow food provider and producer of home-made preservatives. 3 apartment/rooms (5 from July 2021 on) are provided in the new build Wallachian style country house Casa Noelia (annex of Grigorescu Mansion) and in the newly renovated “Grandmother’s house” with a total capacity of 10 persons (18 from July 2021 on).
The location is an insider tip for guest who like culinary experiences and a family atmosphere. For guests and private groups a slow food 3-courses dinner or a New Romanian Cuisine cooking class is offered upon request. The menu is established on a daily base, depending on available fresh products from the region and own production. Vegetarian or special allergen-free menus are available upon request.
Please note that Conacul Grigorescu has no restaurant open to the public. Breakfast with local and home-made produce is included in the accommodation price.
An outdoor swimming pool is available from July 2021 for guests that book accommodation at our place.
Nearby attractions are the future UNESCO Geopark Land of Buzau (Muddy Volcanoes, Salt Mountains, Living fires, Amber Museum, Cave churches of Buzau), the wine area Dealu Mare or sport activities like hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking etc.).
• New Romanian Cuisine Cooking Classes (for groups > 4 persons upon request);
• Bread making workshop (for groups > 4 persons upon request);
• Truffle hunting in the forests of Buzau (during the season for groups > 6 persons);
• Kayaking at Buzau river (max. 2 persons with guide, only for persons with basic water sports experience) – depending on the water level;
• Fishing at Buzau river;
• Hiking/ Biking along Buzau river or in the forests near Ratesti Monastery;
• Visit of the hidden mud volcanoes in Berca (petrol volcanoes);
• Visit of Ratesti or Berca monastery;
• Offroad tours;
• Mud Volcanoes near Scortoasa (15 km);
• Ciolanu Monastery and Sculpture Camp (21 km);
• Rafting (near Nehoiu, ca. 35 km);
• Lake Siriu (40 km);
• Wine tasting in the Dealu Mare wine area (e.g. Lacerta Winery, 45 km);
• Hiking tour to the Cave Churches of Buzau (ca. 40 km) (1 day trip with guide, only for persons with good physical conditions);
• Salt water spa in Sarata Monteoru;
• For rainy days: Green Terra Spa in Magura (14 km);
• County Museum Buzau city (21 km);
• The region is famous for Plescoi sausages and Babic (spicy salami). Several producers have point of sales near our location.
• Our own shop “Rafineturi – Fine Food from Grigorescu Mansion” offers fine food preserves (fruits & vegetables) from own production, souvenirs from Buzau and gift baskets.
Don’t hesitate to contact us via Travlocals!
|Check In||4:00 PM|
|Check Out||12:00 AM|
No pets allowed.
No smoking inside.
Only on previous request.
Free for children of 3 yers old and less . Children from 4 to 17 years old can stay for 10 Eur (child/night), incl. breakfast.
In order to confirm your reservation, you need to pay in advance 50% of your stay's entire value. You can cancel free of charge until 14 days before arrival.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox