At the edge of the Vaideeni village, located at the base of the Capatanii mountains, in an apple orchard, a small house emerged… The Small House from the Orchard. This was built out of love for nature and family as well as the need to escape from the city jungle. Then, we brought a tent (cort glamping) and a gypsy wagon (caruta cu coviltir) for those who want to be close to the nature. After that, we build a peasant house with porch where people can eat, take a shower and spend good time with friend and family.
The silence around is interrupted only by the song of the birds. The orchard counts 8000 square feet and there are no houses in the nearby. To reach the house, there is a paved country road on a portion of 400 meters and you can go by any type of car.
The complex is green, heated with wood and lit by photovoltaic panels. It can accommodate 10 adults and 4 children.
There is no TV, but there is Wi-Fi internet. In addition, there is the possibility of using two extra folding beds. Next to the house one can also enjoy a barbecue area.
Recommended activities in the village:
- The road to the Small House from the Orchard is part of the mountain trails to Varful lui Roman, from the Capatanii mountains; next to it there are other routes that cross these mountains, which can be done either by 4x4 car or on foot. Following this road, one can also reach the shepherds' sheepfolds.
- the Vaideeni village is a Transylvanian village located in the North of Oltenia, with customs and traditions from Marginimea Sibiului, whose villagers pride themselves on wearing Transylvanian traditional clothes
- Tasting of the traditional beverage ‘’tuica’’ and local products
In the nearby:
- The town of Horezu, with its pottery tradition
- The Horezu, Bistrita, Polovragi and Arnota monasteries
- The new monastery located on the crest of the Capatanii mountains, Roman's Peak
- Polovragi and Muierii caves
- Maldaresti Culele
- Buila-Vanturarita National Park
- Ranca mountain resort
The house is for rent for at least 2 nights and can accommodate up to two families with children.