Between November 15th – March 15th we rent only for groups.
Cobor Biodiversity Farm is a green business model of Foundation Conservation Carpathia (FCC), a beautiful project meant to preserve the rich biodiversity of the area, and help the local community by providing jobs and promoting their organic products. Proof of the harmonious coexistence between man and nature, its main attraction is biodiversity. The farm is comprised of three traditionally restored Saxon style households and 500 ha of high natural value grasslands, which accommodate a horse boarding, over 100 of the almost extinct Hungarian Grey cattle, and a breeding programme for the Carpathian shepherd dog.
We are located in South-central Transylvania, Brasov county, on the Hartibaciu Plateau, a land unique in Europe in terms of natural and cultural values. Cobor village is a small, remote settlement first attested in 1206. Initially a Saxon village, it was repopulated by Szeklers in the early 1500s, a subgroup of the Hungarian people. The village is located in a valley surrounded by rolling hills, with extensive pastures and centuries-old oak and pine forests. The closest train station is 20 km away in Fagaras city, and Sibiu airport is an hour and half way.
Two of the carefully restored households serve as guest houses, and are a pleasant blend between traditional home and modern facilities. We have a total of 23 beds distributed into 12 rooms with en-suite bathrooms, mostly with separate entrances. We also provide Wi-Fi on the premises.
Tastefully rustic, its two buildings are comprised of 1 triple room, and 3 double rooms, two of which have matrimonial beds. You may also enjoy a cool cellar, ideal for hot days, a kitchen and a barbecue area. This is a pet-friendly household.
Finalized in 2017, this traditional home has two buildings as well, and can lodge up to 14 guests in its 3 single rooms, 4 doubles, and 1 triple. The house also holds a dining area and a main kitchen where our cooks will freshly prepare upon request tasty seasonal-based traditional food, with clean and delicious ingredients sourced from our two gardens and our neighbors’. Foodie or not, you will appreciate the real flavours of the nature around, incorporated into your meals. We give an utmost importance to all ecosystems, both inner and outer.
Our third household, #264, has a unique building specifically designed to house events such as conferences, presentations, workshops and team-buildings, up and running since 2017. It has all the needed facilities to have a successful event, and it can accommodate up to 20 people sitting or even more standing.
Our activities take place outdoors, weather permitting, and they are about bringing you closer and getting you (in)to the raw beauty of the surroundings. Even if you get tired, you would still feel recharged and rejuvenated!
Farm tour – guided tour, free of charge for our in-house guests. It can last up to 2 hours or even more, depending on the pace and frequency of stops. You get valuable details about the architecture of the restored buildings, then we take you on a 10-minute walk out to the pasture where you can meet the horses in our care and the charismatic shepherd dogs we breed, which are eventually donated to animal owners whose safety was often jeopardized by large carnivores. We may even spot our spectacular Grey cattle, en route their rotational grazing. You may also assist daily or seasonal farm activities, and find out more about village life.
For your convenience, we are offering free archery and slackline during your stay with us.
– Bike ride to Ticusu secular oak pasture and visit of the nearby beaver dams (guided)- it can last up to 3 hours . Bring your own bicycle (preferably MTB since there are no asphalt roads) or rent a MTB from us for an additional charge. 35 Euro/pp, minimum 2 participants. Bicycle renting ………20 Euro/day
– Botanical tour (guided) – get acquainted with the multitude of medicinal plants, their benefits from the legendary myths to their current use. Best time is in the morning and you can travel in the miraculous world of plants for at least 3 hours. 85 Euro/1 pers, 50 Euro/2 pers, 35 Euro/3 pers or more
– Birdwatching tour (guided) – find out about the fascinating lesser spotted eagle, or the bee-eaters nesting around the village. How about the hoopoe? And these are just a few examples of our rich and vast diversity. Best done either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, up to 3 hours maybe longer, depending on the happenings on that specific day. 85 Euro/1 pers, 50 Euro/2 pers, 35 Euro/3 pers or more.
– Horse cart ride (guided) – go back in time, and get an authentic taste of the traditional means of transportation with our horse, Luna, and the local guide who, for at least 2 hours, will show you the beauty of the rolling hills of Transylvania. Have a glimpse of the snowy mountaintops of the Southern Carpathians. Best after breakfast, or later in the afternoon. 50 Euro/per cart, maximum 4 people
– Camping with the traditional horsecart (guided) – completely unplug from city noise pollution by joining one of our horse drawn cart trip that ends with a dinner cooked on open fire; savour views and sounds of nature, learn tips and tricks about wilderness survival. Wake up to a stunning, unencumbered sunset and the thrills of the birds. Have short trips around the camp and discover the rich world of the forest and its mysterious wildlife tracks. 250 Euro/night/cart, maximum 5 people. Food cost – 20 euro/pers/day
Don’t hesitate to contact us via Travlocals.com!
|Check In||11:00 AM|
|Check Out||1:00 PM|
There is no restriction to the length of your stay; however, we do apply a single night supplement. We require a 25% down payment in order to make the booking official. In case of partial or full cancellation: - no penalty: 30 days in advance, - 50% penalty: 7 days in advance, - 100% penalty: 3 days or less in advance.
There is no smoking inside the houses or any of the farm annexes. You may smoke outdoors at specific designated locations.
Children of any age should be under constant supervision by their parents/caretakers throughout their entire stay at the farm.
Pets are allowed in house #21, where they have a spacious yard and garden to roam around.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox